ASSIGNMENTS

RECREATION OF A PHOTO^

PHOTO ON WOOD

COLLAGE WITH THEME

Cheerleader headshot/ poster photo

ALBUM COVER

pick a something

fashion photography

poetry and photography.

georgia o’ keefe

national geographic

The panda one is my favorite because pandas are cute and that one looks like its living life. The crab one is just super funny, the little boy looks like he’s in a great amount of pain. The bear one is also my favorite just cause its a cute bear and its just super funny how everyone’s just around it like it cant attack you…but it can.

silhouette story.

self portrait illustration

Silhouette photography article

The article teaches you on how to capture a silhouette. The author was explaining what not to do and what to do. The article overall was pretty informative but I was disinterested pretty quickly. If the article was more brief and didn’t use a lot of unnecessary words I think it would’ve been okay, as well as if they would have added examples. I really was only interested up until the fifth paragraph. What i did get from this article was the fact that this type of photography isn’t easy and that when you do attempt to do it you should have a simple background to make it easier.

cultural photography

emotion series.

Read and respond: cultural photography

What I anticipate this article is about is an individual explaining how they tried/found their focus in photography. The photos showcased had multiple pictures of this one man who I believe was a craftsman. The photos were all black and white, which I thought was cool, they have their own distinct style, but again it may have just been that series. The photographer wanted to do more cultural photography but they had found out that it wasn’t even a thing, which led them to try an find out for themselves what it truly means to be a “cultural photographer”. My favortie photo was the photo where the man was coming out of the shop. I liked it because of the reflection in the water, its really clear and nice. My second favorite photo was the photo with the old man explaining something to the younger man, i liked how the focus was on the old man rather than anything else, if the focus wasnt on the old man, it would have made the picture a little off looking. Overall i think the article was very informative on trying to find what type photography you want to do.

Read and write

When I first started reading i thought it was a tad boring but when the pictures started showing up, I began to get more interested in the actual article. I found it interesting how so many people had invaded the capitol, i had wondered why they couldn’t have stopped the riot. I believe this event will turn up in history as something  scary that will lead to making them take more precaution in protecting the capitol. The experience looks scary and the pictures capture it all. I’m not entirely sure how Haviv was able to capture the moments since im sure there was so much movement going on around him. Maybe he had used a really fast shutter speed so that it could capture the picture really fast. I think my favorite photo would have to be the guy with the horns who looks like he’s in shock.

multiple exposures.

I initally had wanted to go with the idea of a solider but my subject ruined it but i used it because it looked like he was hugging himself from the back.

body ,shape ,form triptych.

nails vs. no nails

painting and photography

Motionblur

1)tripod to have your camera completely still

2)have a longer shutter speed

3)dont just focus on one thing, there are other movements

4)moving equipment can give different effects

5)slow sync flash can give movement effects

sandy skolund.

Her style seems to be a duplication of things, my favorite of hers is my favorite because i like cats and theres a man with a bunch of cats. I also dont have an exact name for this piece, i tried to layer pentagrams but i dont think it really matched her work but i was also running low on time. It was mostly my choice of what i wanted to layer that messed it up so i think i could in the future try to coordinate better pictures with my image. Time management is not my strong suit.

HDR Landscape- Its basically multiple photos shot in the same location and then merged into one. The outcome is the photo with the highest contrast. I think overall my feelings on HDR photography are alright. Some shots from others are really nice i have to admit but it doesn’t really catch my eye nor do i really take interest in it. In my photo I liked how I was able to get more into the photo, i think that made the photo a little better. I do think i edited in the clouds in well, it looks natural to me. What I didn’t like about the whole cloud process was the blending, it was a little difficult. Looking at it now i wish it was darker, bright images aren’t really appealing to me. I think overall i couldve done a better job but it was my lack of interest that stopped me.

indeed jobs

Cinematographer at bellasposa bridal and photohraphy-i would be interested because it seems cool to shoot for a wedding. The requirements include artistic ability, computer skills, being able to pay attention to detail, being able yo work with public directly, have people skills, professional mannerism, and 2+years of experience. In order to get the job i would need computer skills and experience.

Cinematographer/shooter for AMDA- The qualifications incude a BA or BFA in related field, 2 years of experience, equipment, flexible attitude, reliable, must be able to lift 75 pounds and climb stairs and ladders. I think this job seems interesting because its mostly about short films and helping students in acting. I woud need expirience, and equipment.

This is Ms.Ahmed my math reasoning with connections teacher. She is my favorite teacher because shes always so positive and has a positive view on almost everything. At the beginning of the year math was my least favorite subject but somehow she managed to make me tolerate it and have a little more fun with math.

$10,000 dollar shopping spree

canon eos 6d mark || dslr camera with 24-195mm f/4l || lens , $2299- I chose this camera because it takes nice pictures and its good for taking portraits which i enjoy doing.

godox sk400|| studio strobe, $139 x 2- strobe lights to me are really cool and give pictures more personality, and its creative.

robus rc-5570 vantage series 3 carbon fiber tripod, $749.95- This tripod seemed like the best choice out of the other options even if it was more money, it has a variety of different legs and its adjustable.

sandisk 64gb extreme pro uhs-I sdxc memory card with card reader. $36.28×10- The reason i had put for so many was to have back up and to have a lot of storage.

angler boombox octagonal softbox with bowens mount (48”). $124 x 2- I wanted it because it provides light and flash for the strobes.

impact pro backdrop support kit (12.9′ width). $214.95- I like the idea of putting fun backdrops into pictures and this would allow me to hang them without problem

although the total doesnt come out to 10000, i feel as this is all i would need. The total comes out to be 4,152.7

DOUBLE COLOR EXPOSURE

CANON LENS EXPERIENCE: The first article I had chosen was Music photography. Choosing the articles, I wanted to read I first looked at the first two paragraphs, and in this particular one if I’m being honest what really pulled me In was that he worked as Justin Bieber tour photographer for several years. Going on reading the article I seen his style of photos he takes which I found really nice, I like how he doesn’t necessarily have a style he just likes what he likes and no one can tell him otherwise. I also think its really cool how he didn’t really know what he wanted to do with life and how he didn’t really like how life was working out at that moment, he had found his calling and it just solved all of his problems. He was able to make an income and do something he generally enjoyed doing. Although his life’s repetitive, he makes the most out of it, he mixes things up a little on what cameras / equipment he likes using. In all I think this article really gave me kind of a more positive perspective in life, it really just gave me the motivation I needed at the moment. The second article I had chosen to write about was the photojournalist article, and before I had even clicked on the article I had decided to go ahead and kind of predict the type of article I assumed it to be or just try to predict what will go on in the article. My assumption was that they journal different big things that go on in the world, things that make a big impact or just will catch peoples eyes. I feel like that is a big impact on having your things read/ seen/ heard, it has to catch peoples eyes. Going further into the article I had realized it was more of a interview with a photojournalist. What I enjoy about this article is the photographers ability to go in depth with his questions even if some of them could be simply answered, and what I noticed was similar to the other article was the fact that both photographers didn’t know that photography was their calling, they both had realized I a little later in life. Which inspires me to do well and excel in the things I currently like, and to not look so far into the future because its possible to change career paths, nothing is truly set in stone.

5 NEEDED IMPROVEMENTS

1. I need to improve keeping the camera stable, so my pictures dont come out blurry.
  2. I need to improve on controlling the aperature, because some of my pictures are too dark.
  3. I need to work on putting aside more time to edit so the pictures come out better.
  4. Procrasination on assignments needs to be immediently fixed so nothings rushed.
  5. The last thing i think i need to improve on would be my creativity on certain assignments.

JPEG VS RAW FILE: A JPEG file is a file of your image, and a Raw file is a file that has your image that was recorded by your camera. A Jpeg doesnt have everything that a Raw file does, its information is less than what your camera had recorded. A Raw has all the information, and showcases the image a little better.

The raw file has every little detail saved and it does your photographs more justice than a Jpeg would. The better use would be a raw file but a jpeg image also isnt that bad, it really depends on how you want to use it.

COLLAGE
MIRROR IMAGE

What i learned about exposure (+ camera modes)?

First thing i learned was aperture, what the aperture does is it determines the amount of light let in to the lens hole. If the lens closes, less light is entering into the image. If the lens opens, more light is let into the image which makes it brighter. Second thing i learned was shutter speed, what shutter speed does is change the speed of how fast or how slow the shutter closes. Next i learned about the ISO, which helps with the cameras sensitivity to light, the positives are better for brighter locations, so the negatives are better for darker locations.